New Rail way Transport Track welding
DESCRIPTION OF THE NEW RAIL WAY TRACK WELDING:
Weld-A-Rail provides a professionally managed and comprehensive track-welding service to the rail industry, earning a reputation for quality by exceeding customer expectations.
1.Track-welding services and support:-
It holds an envied position as one of the UK’s leading providers of professional track-welding services, and its permanent workforce of 45 is focused, flexible and able to undertake projects of all sizes.
Records of all completed welds are kept to facilitate complete trace ability. Failed welds are identified and analysed, and corrective and preventative action taken to eliminate similar failures.
Subsequent to the work being completed, customers can undertake an independent inspection of the welds and highlight any problems.
Weld-A-Rail provides service support for a period of up to one year, with a response time of eight to 24 hours with no geographical limits.
2.Alumina thermionic and arc-welding services
All staff members associated with the provision of alumina thermionic and arc-welding services possess the following qualifications:
- Personal track-safety certification
- TW3 and RT3 welding
- Power-plant proficiency in disc cutters, needle guns, angle grinders, tensors (stressing kits), rail profile grinders, generators and weld shears
- Manual handling
- Fire safety
- First aid at work
- Alignment aids
3.RT/CE/S/032 alumino thermic welding
The company operates a fleet of 21 fully equipped welding vehicles. Weld-A-Rail operatives undertake a visual inspection of all completed welds, in accordance with RT/CE/S/032 joining of rails by alumino thermic welding, to prevent:
- Gross porosity in the weld collar
- Porosity or surface cavities in the weld collar that penetrate in to the rail section
- Collar distortion
- Evidence of incorrect preheating conditions, e.g. smooth collar surface
- Incomplete collar formation
- Black holes
- Porosity or cracks on the contour of the head of weld
4.WQF3071 weld installation sheet:-
A WQF3071 weld installation sheet is maintained and completed for each track-welding project, giving details of:
- Date of weld
- Welding process
- Rail profile(s)
- Rail grade(s)
- Portion and batch number
- Ignition to tap time
- Weld type (standard, stepped, composite, etc.)
- Welder’s name
- Welder’s stamp number
- Welder report reference (in the case of a defective or suspect weld report)
- Company name
Copies of the weld installation sheet are forwarded to the customer within five working days of the weld being cast.
- like and follow us on:http://www.facebook.com/mechgin